Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday is Shopping Day

I decided to post my shopping lists and what I plan to make for the week.


Trader Joes                                                                        
Basmati White Rice                           2.99                          
Decaf Coffee                                     6.99                          
Canned Wild Salmon                        1.79                          
Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers     2.49                          
Organic Tricolor Radiatore Pasta      1.99                          
2 pkgs Shredded Green Cabbage      2.38                          
Freeze Dried Mango                         2.69                            
3 dzn Cage Free Brown Eggs           8.97
Organic White Sugar                         2.79
Organic Brown Sugar                       2.99
Pizza Sauce                                       1.89
Canadian Bacon                                2.29
Organic Baby Spinach                      1.99
Sliced Black Olives                           1.19
Organic Zucchini                              2.99
Sliced Crimini Mushrooms               2.29
Organic Broccoli Slaw                     1.49
Organic Yellow Onions                   1.69
3 lb Bag Russet Potatoes                  1.69
2 lb Bag Granny Smith Apples        2.29
Green Bell Peppers                          1.99
5 Bananas                                          .95
4 Organic Nectarines                       2.76


Whole Foods
Nutritional Yeast               1.35
Coconut Milk                    4.49
Frozen Mixed Veggies      2.19
Earth Balance Margarine   3.29
Coconut Milk Yogurt        3.79
Zbar Boxes (2)                  5.00
Peach Bowls                     2.49



My Grand Total (after tax) came to $86.91.  So I went over my $75 dollar budget.  I can easily explain that, first I needed my coffee.  Its not a weekly purchases, but $7 takes a bite out of a tight budget when you forget to originally plan for it.  The other item was the two boxes of Zbars.  I usually buy a couple a week for my daughter to have after gymnastics and swimming.  Whole Foods had a great price though, and I couldn't resist.  So that was another $5.  Without those two "impulse" buys, I would have been under.  That is something I need to work on, everything MUST be accounted for ahead of getting to the store.


Menu Plan 
Baked Mac n' Cheeze
Turkey Burgers w/ homemade buns
Homemade Pizza
Cream of Mushroom Pork
Stir Fry

*It should be noted that I have some frozen pork and ground turkey in my freezer, so I didn't need to buy meat this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment