Friday, October 16, 2009

Sneaky Mommy

I love being able to sneak veggies that my daughter would not normally eat into her food.  This morning, said daughter woke with a cold.  I am hopeful it isn't the flu, she only seems to have the sniffles.  Regardless, I knew meals PACKED with healthy fruit and veggies were the best thing I could do for her today.

This morning, instead of just a fruit smoothie, I whipped up a green smoothie.  Good tasting fruit with some healthy greens in it.  It consisted of mango, raspberries, kale and zucchini (with some coconut milk as my liquid).  Pretty tasty.

But that isn't what I am featuring in this post, my spur of the moment veggie - noodle soup that I made for my daughters lunch.  Not only did she proclaim it was tasty, but she did indeed eat the whole thing!  The inspiration came from my new blender.  I had a pretty poor blender that died on me last week, and purchased a new one that I am extremely happy with.  I purchased this Oster blender.  It can blend anything compared to my old one, haha.



Quick Veggie-Noodle Soup

3 cups stock (I did use chicken, but I think vegetable would be great too)
5 baby carrots or one regular carrot roughly chopped (I only had baby)
1 large kale leaf
1/4 of small onion, roughly chopped
1/2 a small zucchini
1 oz rice noodles
And a good blender!

In a pot, bring stock and veggies to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Remove soup from oven and pour into blender jar (I'd only do this if you have a glass one, if its plastic let the soup cool).  Puree the soup until its all liquid again.  Put soup back into pot and bring to a boil again.  Once soup is boiling, add the noodles and cook until they are done to your preferences.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment