Sunday, October 4, 2009

Soup is On

Its that time of the year, fall has hit and I'm craving soups.  Well, to be honest I'm not that into soup, but I love making it.  I would love to think of myself as a foodie, but really I'm just really into cooking.  Luckily, I have a husband that enjoys good food (I put the word good in there because he will NOT eat my failures, lol).

Back to soup, as the weather is turning colder, I get the urge to fill the house with the good smell of soup and fresh bread.  This will be my first soup season that everything will be dairy free and I am excited to find some new recipes (and changing old ones).

So my question to my readers (all one of you, thanks to my dear husband!) is what are some great dairy free soups to try this fall/winter?  I'd love some suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of great soup recipes in the book Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker:

    http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Vegetarian-Slow-Cooker-Recipes/dp/1558322566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254779893&sr=8-1

    I'm trying the corn chowder recipe tonight. And the recipes can be cooked in a pot, if you don't want to go the slow cooker route.

    ReplyDelete