Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Ultimate Breakfast



Or at least I like to think so.  I try to incorporate vegetables in all of our meals.  This is one of the simplest ways for me to get veggies into our breakfast.  Use whatever vegetables your family likes (and in season), simply saute them and have them with scrambled eggs (or scrambled tofu if you can't have eggs).  Below is my favorite melody, but for my daughter; olives and zucchini only please.

My Ultimate Breakfast
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup zucchini, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp red onion, chopped
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
2 Tbsp black olives, chopped
1 large egg

Heat a pan on medium heat, add oil.  Add zucchini, bell pepper and onion and saute till onion is close to translucent (about 2 minutes).  Add artichoke and olives and saute another minute.  Remove to plate.

Add egg to pan and cook to your preference (scrambled in picture).  Place on top of veggies and enjoy.  I will often add some hot sauce to my plate after cooking as well, because I like a little spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment